Thursday, January 30, 2014

I'm still here

My poor blog sorry I forgot about you.  With all the social media out there these days after I have posted on Facebook, Pinterest and Flickr I always run out of time to post here.  Sorry it has been so long.

Not much has been happening around here with my sewing.  I've been very busy working and find it hard to get into my sewing room.  I finally finished my course in Childrens Services at the end of June and I'm now working fulltime.  I'm loving it, the kids are just so darn cute. 

Work is taking up so much of my time so I'm not taking many custom orders.  I'm working on a custom order at the moment for a friend which she asked me a year ago to make for her but with school and working life was very busy.  I finally sat down and started on it before Christmas.  Slowly it's getting there.

She is a big Star Wars fan and asked me to make her a Star Wars quilt.  Here are the blocks I've made so far hanging on my design wall.

 
Here is another quilt I'm working on.  A friend is having a baby soon and of course I had to make her a quilt.  I don't know the sex of the baby so I made it gender neutral.
 
I love this block it's called Whirly Giggle.  I love all the colours it's so bright and cheery.  I'm going to add a scrappy border in the same fabrics to finish it off.  I only have a few weeks before she's due so I need to get a move on.

 
We went away to our beach house for a few days over the Australia Day weekend.  We had a great time with really nice (very very hot) weather.  We went down to the beach and joined in with the celebrations and watched fireworks display. 
 

I managed to get more hexies sewn while I was relaxing on the beach.  14 done 6 more to go.   
 
Came home last night and I've already done 3 loads of washing and helped the kids organise their school books.  First day of school tomorrow.............whoo hoooo and I have one more day at home all by myself..........yippee.........I think I'm going to have fun sewing all day tomorrow.
 
Have a great week.
 
 

No comments: