Monday, October 19, 2009

SPRING IS IN THE AIR

Spring is finally here.  Well it started a few weeks ago but I've been too busy to notice.  On the weekend I had some time to relax and take it all in.  I picked these gorgeous roses from my mum's garden which were grown from a cutting from my uncle's garden.  I have put in my order.


And I picked these Birds of Paradise from my garden. 


I have about 20 Iceberg Roses planted in my front garden and they have lots of buds so they should be blooming soon.  I love my roses I'll take some photos when they have all come out.

A few weeks ago my hubby finally hung this gorgeous painting up that I bought from Gail.  I love it displayed above my crystal cabinet.  Gail is a very talented artist go and check out her website.



Hope you all have a great week.




5 comments:

Penny said...

I just love roses...Yours are beautiful. I can almost smell them. Up here in Alaska we are gearing up for winter. No snow yet. I'll be bookmarking your blog. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Carol

Isn't it wonderful Spring is here!

Glad you finally got the painting hung - it's lucky to have found such a beautiful home!!

Thanks for the link

have a great day

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Carol, thank goodness Spring has arrived. Today was beautiful.
Gail's painting is beautiful.
Alison

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Gails painting is totally gorgeous, but I am in love with your crystal cabinet, they set each other off beautifully! My roses are in bud too just hope the stoopid possoms dont eat them all first :0(
Alicia

mariondee-designs said...

I love fresh roses in the house too and so good when you can get a plant from a cutting. I tried that once but never succeeded. Oh well. Gail's beautiful painting looks lovely in your home. Love your china cabinet too! take care, Maryann