Friday, April 3, 2009


NEW BLOG
Hello everyone and welcome to my blog. I've been wanting to create a blog for a while now but just haven't had the time with the extension and renovations that have been going on in my house. Finally most of it is finished so now I have time to do lots of sewing and blogging.

We now have a new bathroom and my old bathroom will become an ensuite and I have a nice new large kitchen family room area. I'm waiting on the leadlight windows and curtains for the back doors, fingers crossed they will be ready to install in about 3 weeks. It's taken over a year to do with lots of dramas but it's all been worth it after seeing it all finished.

Here are a few photos of it so far. I will share more photos when the rest is finished. The kitchen and furniture were all custom made in solid Jarrah timber. It was very expensive but worth every cent.
The bathroom cabinets are also Jarrah and the bath is over 100 years old which I bought off ebay for a bargain price and we had it redone.







Thanks for dropping by to read my blog.


6 comments:

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Carol
Welcome to the land of Blogging!!

Your extensions look fabulous, now I know what you've been busily up to, yes it was well worth the effort that's for sure!!

Maria (vintage-decor) said...

Congratulations on starting your blog.
Your home is absolutely gorgeous and better in real life than the pics. Look forward to reading more!!

Deb said...

Hi Carol
Welcome to Blogland.
Thank you very much for leaving a comment on my blog. I have been wondering how you are.
Love your renovations it looks fabulous.
Take Care.
Deb

Paint Me White said...

HI Carol, good on you for starting a blog. Will be a regular visitor. yes you did purchase some fabric from me and I have bought a cushion from you as well. Thanks for popping over for a visit. Love the renovations especially the bath thas my favourite. The house we are renting does not have a bath and you don't realise how much you miss it. When the kids want a bath they pop over to my sister's next door. Look forward to seeing your curtains up. Sandy x

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Hi Carol and welcome to blogland!!! So pleased you dropped by to visit my blog. I havent even got near to the leadlight yet, keep finding other stuff to get sorted first. Would love to have it all done at once!! Thanks for sending the info though as your bathroom leadlight is divine so I am sure it will be worth us chasing it up. Trying to get my chandeliers installed next, hope that doesnt take too long lol
Alicia

Anonymous said...

Stunning windows over the tub....